Top 10 facts which you rarely know about our stock markets. So let’s start!
1. BSE is oldest & largest stock exchange in Asia. It was established on 9th July 1875 in Mumbai.
2. After Harshad Mehta Scam, the NSE was established back in 1992.
3. The costliest share in Indian Market is MRF which cost around ₹97000/share as of today.
4. The BSE has listed about 5000 companies whereas NSE has listed 1600. NSE controls in spot trading and has a monopoly in terms of derivative trading.
5. In Indian stock market, Bull represents climb in Stock market which have positive affect while Bear represents slowdown of market.
6. Indian companies such as Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) are two companies that have market capitalization, which is higher than the combined market capitalization of the Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE).
7. Less than 3-4% Indians invest in stock market.
8. Around 69% of the total assets under management of mutual funds and 60% of the turnover of equity cash segments comes from the financial capital of the country, Mumbai, ALONE!
9. Only 8 crore people out of the 132 crore population invest in mutual funds. Only 12% of GDP of India comprises of Indian Mutual Fund Market Assets.
10. Mumbai has the highest number of Demat Accounts.
Hope you’ve like the article. We have more interesting articles too. Read them acquire knowledge.