ICSI provide exemptions for the paper if you hold any higher qualifications as mentioned under. It means you can avoid that exam.
The Council of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), in its 294th Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday, the 14th February, 2023 has decided that the students enrolling to Company Secretary (CS) Course under New Syllabus, 2022 shall be eligible for paper-wise exemption (s) based on the higher qualifications acquired by them, as under:
Instructions to claim this Exemption
1. Students are required to apply for paper wise exemption in desired subject through ‘Online Smash Portal on website https://smash.icsi.edu and for procedure please follow the link:
2. Fee for paper wise exemption is Rs.1000/- (per subject) and is to be paid through ‘Online Smash Portal https://smash.icsi.edu ’ using Credit/Debit card or Net banking.
3. Students who have been granted exemption in Executive Programme Stage on the basis of
having passed Final Course of The Institute of Cost Accountants of India are required to submit their request for exemptions afresh for papers covered under the Professional Programme Stage & the same are not granted automatically.
4. Students need to upload scanned attested copies of mark sheets of all parts/semesters of LLB degree or scanned attested copies of final pass certificate of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
5. Last date of applying Paperwise Exemption is 9th April for June session and 10th Oct for December session examinations.
For any clarification/information on the matter, students can submit their query at support portal: